2021 Quinta do Vallado Douro Red

2019 Quinta do Vallado Douro Red - Family Wineries Direct

2021 Quinta do Vallado Douro Red

Quinta Do Vallado
92|WE
Regular price $22.99
/
Select your state before purchasing Why?
State regulations effect what products we can shipped. We need to know your state to proceed.
Select Add To Cart below to make your purchase shipping to -Unselected-. Select Add To Cart below to make your purchase shipping to -Unselected-. Alcohol cannot be shipped to -Unselected-. Shipping to -Unselected- Change state
Shipping calculated at checkout.

Concentrated with intense mature red fruit aromas, hints of violets and esteva (a local Portuguese resinous bush). The wine offers good structure, with matured round tannins and a long, persistent finish. 80% of the Douro Red blend grapes come from vines planted in the 1990’s and the remaining 20% are from old vines, between 60-100 years in age.

Over the course of 300+ years, since 1716, Quinta do Vallado has been producing excellent wines in Portugal’s Douro Valley. It is one of the oldest and most famous wineries in all the Douro, started by the legendary Doña Antónia Adelaide Ferreira, and still belongs to the same family today. It is a sixth-generation winery, currently owned by João Ferreira Alvares Ribeiro and Francisco Ferreira. The estate produced Port wines exclusively, until the 1990’s when it expanded production into dry wines.

Vallado has 250 acres of its own vineyards in two sub-regions of the Douro. They are comprised 100-year-old field blend vines, single variety plots and certified organic vineyards. The terraced vineyards are hand-harvested with one row of vines trained to a double cordon trellising system, allowing for good drainage, air flow and erosion control.

Quinta do Vallado built a state-of-the-art winery in 2009, along with an ultra-modern hotel, which was completed in 2015. These upgrades solidified the Douro Valley as a world-class tourism destination. The winery was recently named as one of the top 100 vineyards in the world and one of Wine & Spirits Top 100 producers of 2021. And in 2020, Decanter magazine bestowed the honor of one of the wines of the year to the 2019 Vallado Prima.

Acidity: 4.7 g/l
Sugar: 1 g/l
PH: 3.77
Alcohol content: 13.5

Vintage: 2021

Style: Red Wine

Varietal: Red Blend

Appellation: Douro

Winemaker: Quinta Do Vallado

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recently viewed